• New patent pending drive mechanism for unmatched smooth flow, accuracy and precision
• From picoliter to 220 ml/min flow rates
• Advanced programming for true multi methods without a PC
• Quick start methods
• Alpha/numeric keyboard without a PC
• Real and relative time clocks
• Icon operation
• New color LCD touch screen
• Up-front control knobs for ease of operation
• Vertical or horizontal orientation
• Adjustable linear force to 75 lbs across the entire flow range
• Daisy chain
• Remote configuration placement
• CE, CSA, UL, WEEE, EU RoHS, CB Scheme Approved
• 2 year warranty
• Drug/Nutritional infusions
• Reaction chamber addition
• Mass Spec calibration
• Feeding cells
• Low pressure chromatography
• Continuous flow
• Flow programming
• % composition step changes
• Large flow deliveries
• I/O interactive experiments
The PHD Ultra is the solution for your most demanding fluidics applications. This pump represents the latest technology in syringe pumps and was developed utilizing the feedback of the world's largest populations of syringe pump users.
The PHD Ultra will change the way you think about syringe pumps. There are three major areas which make the PHD Ultra the new standard for syringe pumps:
1. New - Patent pending mechanical drive mechanism and syringe holding mechanics to achieve the highest performance of any syringe pump
2. New - EZ PRO Software and user interface allow easy programming of methods from simple to complex, all without the use of a PC
- Preprogrammed methods for simple to complex operations that allow you to be up and running with the push of a button
- LCD, high resolution color touch screen for powerful functionality, yet easy to use
3. New levels of versatility
a. Configurations: push-pull, standard, remote, high pressure, multi racks
b. Connectivity: rs232 and USB for PC; RS 485 for daisy chain
Harvard Apparatus introduces the next generation of syringe pumps, the PHD Ultra for the most demanding applications.
Since 1901 Harvard Apparatus has been supporting bioresearch fluidics requirements with the culmination being the introduction of the first commercial syringe pump for bioresearch in 1956. Since 1956, over 70,000 satisfied syringe pump users around the world have made Harvard Apparatus syringe pumps the worlds #1 choice.
The PHD Ultra Syringe Pump series is a family of high-accuracy, microliter- and milliliter-compatible pumps designed for versatile technical use including mass spectroscopy, calibration, drug and nutritional infusions, microdialysis, dispensing, chromatography and LC/HPLC.
Highest Accuracy and Precision
The PHD Ultra syringe pump family has a new patent pending fluidics drive mechanism which assures ease of use and high performance, for smoother, more accurate flow rates than any other syringe pump. Flow rates are accurate within 0.35% and reproducibility within 0.05%. A microprocessor-controlled, small step angle stepping motor drives a lead screw and pusher block. Advanced micro-stepping techniques are employed to further reduce the step angle to eliminate flow pulsation.
Advanced Programming Features:
• Flow Programming - Change the flow with time, volume or a triggered event as many times as you like
• Bolus - Inject a drug (or drugs) in a high quantity at once. The bolus injection can be made in time or volume.
• Concentration Delivery - Calibrate flow in concentration units of mg/kg easily so flow is calibrated to concentration of drug and animal weight.
• % ratio - up to three solvents
• I/O — dedicated and user defined I/O
• Pulsed Flow- so you can program the pulse easily
Widest Flow Rate Range
This pump is engineered to provide flow accuracy within 0.35% and reproducibility within 0.05%. Single or multi syringes from 0.5 µl to 140 ml pump at a range of 0.0001 µl/hr to 220 ml/min.
Maximum Experimental Versatility
The PHD Ultra features true Multi-Pump Operation. The pump can be oriented vertically or horizontally for optimum experimental connectivity. This pump comes standard to hold 2 syringes, but can be purchase with 3 other syringe racks: 6 to 10 syringe rack, 4 x 140ml syringe rack and 4 x microliter syringe rack.
The PHD Ultra color LCD touch screen graphic interface is divided into three basic areas: Operations Display, Message Area, and Navigation. This configuration allows you to easily move through all menu selections and data entry by gently touching the onscreen buttons with a finger or the tip of a soft, non-sharp object such as a pencil eraser.
The Methods Main or Quick Start screens are the primary ?home? for the applications. From those screens you access all the commands needed to operate the PHD Ultra, as well as the main system settings.
The Message Area of the touch screen is used to display helpful instructions for the currently displayed screen. It is also used to display error or warning messages to indicate problem conditions in a Method or error conditions during pump operation.
The software is organized into three main Navigational branches, the quick start operations, preloaded/user-defined Methods, and systems settings. You can control operations directly with the touch screen or remotely from an independent computer or device via the external I/O interface.
To operate the PHD Ultra, the user defines all the required parameters for infusing or withdrawing liquids through a Pump Control Method. The basic operation is a simple 4-step procedure:
1. Select a method
2. Enter operating parameters
3. Preview your method
4. Run your method
• Animal Infusions or Withdrawals - The PHD Ultra will control the delivery of varying % of nutrients or drugs infused into animals, flush lines using catheters, needles, cannulae or microdialysis.
• Proportioning and Delivering of Mixtures - Mixing gradients or proportions with independent control of two liquids.
• Aerosol for Coating - The pump at high pressure can create an aerosol for the delivery of coating materials such as pharmaceutical tablets and aerosol studies.
• Delivery to Mass Spectroscopy - The delivery of fluids to the MS for calibration, matrix addition or ESI sample.
• Compensating Flows - The continuous infusion and simultaneous withdrawal of liquids for cell cultures or perfusion chambers.
• Dispensers/Injectors — Adhesives, Cell injection, MRI Dyes, Activators/Enzymes, Flow injection, Microreaction vessels, or Stereotaxic delivery.
Advanced GLP Documentation Features:
• Experiment parameter download information to PC
• Alpha/numeric capability
The PHD Ultra Syringe Pump is available in three configurations designed for different operating environments and varying degrees of operational flexibility.
1. Infuse Only: This model supports infusion operations at user-definable flow rates and with selectable target volume or time values to control the total infusion volume. The entry-level Infuse Only model does not include programmable, user-defined methods.
2. Infuse/Withdraw: This model supports infusion and withdraw operations at user-definable flow rates and with selectable target volumes or time values to control the total volume pumped for both the infusion and withdraw portions of a procedure. This model provides access to many of the advanced method programming options of the PHD Ultra, but only supports a single stored method.
3. Infuse/Withdraw Programmable: This model supports both infusion and withdraw operations and can use both simplified pumping profiles or the more advanced pump profiles and I/O settings that permit interactions with external devices. In addition to supporting all of the advanced programming tools available on the PHD Ultra, this model also allows users to create and store multiple user-defined methods on the pump.
The PHD Ultra is offered with a variety of syringe racks to meet your specific application.
We offer pumps that can be upgraded. If you buy an infuse/withdraw pump and later decide you want programmability you can upgrade it. You pay a lot less than buying a whole new pump. (pump must be returned to the factory for all upgrades)
A full range of accessories are compatible with the PHD Ultra including syringe heaters, in-line heaters and coolers, nanofluidic circuits, connectors, tubing, syringes and more.