• The standard assay for oral bioavailability
• Applications include:
- Drug delivery
- Metabolic studies
• US Patented technology numbers: 5, 183, 760 and 5,591,636
• Available in vertical and horizontal system configurations
• Options for using cultured cells or tissue samples
• Manufactured entirely of acrylic for reduced drug absorption/easy cleaning
• Compact configurations
• Up to 24 chambers can be run simultaneously
• Systems are temperature controlled
• Electrode ports connect optional electrodes for monolayer resistance measurements and electrophysiological determinations • Designed for easy placement of Snapwell™ (grown cells) or tissue sections
• All Snapwell™ and tissue diffusion chamber config-urations are compatible with the vertical system, providing versatility and convenience for correlation studies
• Side-by-side orientation prevents a hydrostatic pressure gradient across cell layer
• Distributes gas (user supplied) to the diffusion chambers where media circulation is generated by gas lift, reducing unstirred fluid layers adjacent to cells
• Individual control valves on gas manifold allow independent adjustment of gas flow into each diffusion chamber half-cell
• Closed perfusion capable
The vertical diffusion chamber system is used for transport studies on both filter grown cell monolayers and surgically excised tissue sections. The vertical diffusion chamber system consists of six diffusion chambers, a 12-channel gas manifold and a heat block. 14 general types of vertical chambers are currently available: one for use with cells grown on Snapwell™ membrane supports and the others for use with tissue.
The 12-channel gas manifold distributes gas (user supplied) to the Diffusion Chambers where media circulation is generated by gas lift, reducing unstirred fluid layers adjacent to cells.
The dual heating blocks of the Vertical Chamber System provide efficient and precise heating or cooling of the Diffusion Chamber System. Temperature is controlled by use of a circulating water bath. The Heat Block and Gas Manifold allows six simultaneous tests to be run, improving experimental precision.
Electrode caps permit proper positioning of electrodes within the vertical perfusion chambers. They are required for the Snapwell™
BS4 66-0008, 8 x 24 mm Tissue 66-0013 and 9 mm Round
BS4 66-0014 chambers. They are not required for the low volume chambers or the horizontal tissue chambers.
The BS4 66-0019 perfusion cap allow the tissue chambers to be perfused with media using a peristaltic or syringe pump. They are required for use with the Snapwell™ 66-0008, 8 x 24 mm Tissue 66-0013, and 9 mm Round 66-0014 chambers. They are not required for the low volume chambers or the horizontal tissue chambers. We offer 14 different vertical diffusion chambers. We also offer a complete system for each chamber that includes the following components:
Catalog No. Qty. Product
66-0009 1 6-Chamber Heating Block
66-0010 1 Clear Front Panel
66-0048 1 12-Channel Gas Manifold
66-0012 1 Retaining Ring Clamp Tool
Specified 6 Vertical Diffusion Chambers