• For convenient connection of your rodent or small animal ventilator to anesthesia equipment
• 2 sets available to work with:
- Inspira Advanced Safety Ventilator, see page F4
- Model 683 Small Animal Ventilator, see page F7
- Model 687 Mouse Ventilator, see page F7
- MiniVent Mouse Ventilator, see page F8
These connecting kits are used to connect rodent ventilators to an anesthesia machine and evacuation system. Four kits are available, one for the larger Inspira Advanced Safety Ventilator, one for the Rodent Ventilator Model 683, one for the Mouse Ventilator Model 687 and one for the Minivent for mouse ventilation.
This apparatus is intended to be used for connecting an anesthesia system to an animal ventilator or the MINIVENT in physiological and pharmacological research laboratories. Each kit contains the necessary connectors and tubing to properly connect the ventilator to the anesthesia system.
• Direct connection of anesthesia to ventilator for delivery to animal via intubation or tracheotomy (see tracheal/intubation cannulas)
• Removes pressurized gas to waste port – the introduction of pressurized gas into a ventilator will damage the system and over-inflate the animal’s lungs. The connection kits depressurize the incoming gas to atmospheric pressure for safe delivery.
NOTE: Waste gas will contain anesthetic gas and MUST be connected to an evacuation system.
In addition to the connecting kit and the essential consumables (e.g. Oxygen, compressed air, N2O, anesthetic agent) it is necessary to provide the following items and equipment to operate a complete anesthetic system:
• Anesthesia Machine – Table Top, Vaporstick, or equivalent
• Anesthetic Vaporizer – Tech 3, Tech 4, or Ohio
• Animal Ventilator – Inspira, Model 683, Model 687 or Minivent (based on the species you are working with)
• Evacuation System – Active Evacuation system, F/Air Canister, fume hood