• Speeds recovery for post-operative animals, convalescents or hypothermic newborns
• For use as an incubator or warming unit
• Available as complete Intensive Care Units or as individual Warmer Bases and Dome Covers
• Available in three sizes: Small (up to 20 lb dog), Medium (up to medium dog/small primate) and Large (up to large dog/medium primate)
• Small Warmer Base with optional Brooder Cover makes an ideal intensive care unit for smaller rodents up to guinea pigs
• Fluid heating method eliminates hot spots and ensures sustainable temperatures within a safe therapeutic range
• Temperature remains constant wherever the animal lies
For post-operative animals, convalescents or hypothermic newborns, these Intensive Care Units provide a warm, moist, and/or oxygen-enriched environment. Each complete Intensive Care Unit consists of an electrically heated Warmer Base and a transparent plastic Dome Cover.
The Warmer Base has a heavy, ABS plastic double wall for circulating warm water between the walls for uniform heat distribution. Conduction of heated water between the inner and outer walls of the sides and base provides uniform heat to the animal.
The Small Warmer Base has one thermostat control and a 90 watt heater. The Medium Warmer Base has two thermostat controls and two 100 watt heaters. The Large Warmer Base has two thermostat controls and one 100 watt and one 150 watt heater.
The Warmer Base, when used alone (without the Dome Cover), is ideal for keeping newborns warm and draft-free.
The temperature of the water within the walls is accurately maintained through resistance heating and is thermostatically controlled with a direct water contact sensor. The UL-listed thermostat adjusts the water temperature to any preset point between 25° to 37°C (75° to 100°F) in any room where the temperature is 18°C (65°F) or higher.
Natural thermal convection provides reliable circulation without the need for pumps, fans or motors. Because this Intensive Care Unit is air-vented and water-heated without the use of motors, it is safe to administer anesthetic gases with or without oxygen. A carbon heating element located under the outer shell of the Warmer covers nearly three-quarters of the bottom area, heating the floor and walls of the Warmer simultaneously.
The Dome Cover is supplied with the following standard components:
• Canister-style humidifier for humidifying the internal atmosphere with an external air source
• Canister-style nebulizer for nebulizing the internal atmosphere with water particles from 1 to 3 microns
• 9 cc medication nebulizer for delivering an antibiotic aerosol mist with particles from 1 to 3 microns
• Air/oxygen blender
• Temperature and humidity gauge
• Chrome oxygen hose fitting and elbow hose connectors
• 2.1 m (7 ft) medical air supply tubing and 30.5 cm long x 2.5 cm OD (12 x 1 in) corrugated hose
• Water conditioner, fillport cap
• Cage divider
The transparent plastic dome cover permits 360° observation of the animal. It has a hinged top with handports that provide easy access. The fully adjustable ventilation ports control air circulation, internal temperature and venting of CO2 and other unwanted gases.The Medium and Large Dome Covers are also supplied with an Oxygen Flowmeter as standard. An Oxygen Flowmeter is available as an accessory for the Small Dome Cover.
A Transport Cart is available as an accessory for the Medium and Large Intensive Car Units. It has four fully articulated, 12.7 cm (5 in) OD casters for easy maneuvering, a top shelf for the Intensive Care Unit and a lower shelf for supplies.
A Metal Cage Cover and Brooder Cover are available as accessories for the Small Warmer Base. The vinyl-covered Metal Cage Cover converts the Small Warmer Base into a portable, heated holding cage. The flat Brooder Cover is available with and without the listed standard components that are supplied with the Small Dome Cover. The Brooder Cover with these standard components converts the Small Warmer Base into an ideal intensive care unit for smaller rodents.