• 16-channel data acquisition software for haemodynamic experiments
• For Windows® NT, 2000, and XP
• To measure signals such as left ventricular pressure, aortic pressure, aortic flow, atrial pressure, atrial flow, coronary flow, length measurement, pO2, pCO2, pH, temperature, etc.
• Easy to use, reduced settings by using configuration files
• Storage of raw data with possibility for replay — complete experiments can be replayed
• Indication of the measured signals and parameters online in numerical tabular form or graphical detail and trend windows
• Allows data exchange interface by converting the data into the ASCII delimited format
• Monitors the experimental sequence by placing event markers and concentration information
• Very easy graphical selection of specific data points by cursors for evaluation, data reduction and export
• Export of a raw data sequence into ASCII delimited format
The HSE-HA HAEMODYN software can be adapted to virtually any experimental investigation for haemodynamic experiments. Acquisition can cover signals such as left ventricular pressure, aortic pressure, aortic flow, atrial pressure, atrial flow, coronary flow, segment length and wall thickness measurement, pO2, pCO2, pH, temperature, etc. Various parameters can be derived from these signals, e.g. systolic, diastolic, mean and rate (frequency) values for pressures, dp/dt, contractility index CI, minimal, maximal, and mean flows, etc. During data acquisition, all acquired signals and derived parameters are stored on the hard disc and can be displayed on the screen.
The HSE-HA HAEMODYN software is available in a basic version which includes the minimal necessary algorithms that can be upgraded to a more complex system including all the available algorithms. The configuration of the system is defined in configuration files to reduce the amount of settings necessary and to ensure a stable and secure system. The user only needs to calibrate the signals and fix the graphics scaling. All the hardware definitions and algorithms used are defined in the configuration files. This reduces the amount of information necessary in the SOP's and the possibility of wrong settings. The configuration files can be changed and the software used in combination with a set of different configuration files to match the different experiments.
HAEMODYN is a menu-controlled software and employs special algorithms to calculate the standard haemodynamic parameters.
The HSE-HA HAEMODYN software has a maximum of 16 channels, i.e. up to 16 different raw signals can be handled. The assignment of the signals to the individual channels is determined in the configuration files. The sample rate, the type of signals and the algorithm used for analysis are also defined in the configuration file. The arrangement of the graphic detail (raw signals) and trend (calculated parameters) is defined in the menu. The user has only to set up which of the available signals he wants to acquire and display, which of the possible parameters he wants to evaluate and display, enter the experimental protocol, and finally calibrate before he starts the data acquisition.
The HSE-HA Data Acquisition Hardware for HAEMODYN W software is available in three versions:
• PLUGSYS Version 73-0161
This version consists of the PCI A/D board DT301 and the cable for connecting to a DIM Data Interface Module installed in the PLUGSYS basic system case.
• Stand Alone Version 73-0235
This version consists of the PCI A/D board DT301 and a BNC input box where signals from external amplifiers can be connected.
• Stand Alone USB Version 73-3330
Hardware requirements for HAEMODYN:
Both the PLUGSYS and stand alone versions require the following computer hardware:
Computer Pentium PC at least 500 MHz with one free PCI-slot,
RAM 128 MB of RAM
Operating System Windows 2000/XP or Windows NT
Hard Disk Space With at least 3.2 GB
Floppy Drive 1.44 MB
CD-ROM Drive Required
Monitor 17-19 in
Backup Media MO drive, CD recorder or ZIP drive
Commonly used signals on haemodynamic experiments are:
• LVP - Left Ventricular Pressure
• AP - Arterial Pressure
• VP - Venous Pressure
• CF - Coronary Flow
• AF - Arterial Flow
• WT - Wall Thickness or Left Ventricle Diameter
• ECG - Electrocardiogram
• pO2 - Oxygen Partial Pressure
• pCO2 - Carbon Dioxide Partial Pressure pH
It is also possible to acquire other signals such as temperature.
The maximum number of signals is 16.
The basic version of HAEMODYN calculates the following parameters online:
• From LVP Signal - LVPsys, LVPdia, LVPEDP, dP/dtmin, dP/dtmax, Heart Rate, Mean Pressure
• From All Pressures - Systolic, Diastolic and Mean Pressure, Heart Rate
• From All Flows - Mean, Max. and Min. Flow
• From Distance - Max., Min. and Amplitude (Max-Min)
• From Electrogram - Only the Heart Rate
• From pO2 Signals - Mean Value
• From pCO2 Signals - Mean Value
• From pH Signals - Mean Value
It is also possible to calculate specific values from these parameters by writing a formula (e.g., the ratio of dP/dtmin / dP/dtmax or LVPEDP / heart weight, etc.).
Optional software modules are available for:
• LVP Advanced - Tau, Time to Peak (Contractility Time), Relaxation Time and Contractility Index CI = dP/dtmax / P
• Flow Advanced - Endsystolic Flow, Enddiastolic Flow
• Respiration Module - Respiratory Rate, Max. Inspiratory Flow, Max. Expiratory Flow, Tidal Volume
• MAP Module - Max, Min, Plateau, Amp, Rate, +dv/dt, duration at 10% of MAP
• Dimensions Module - End-systolic length, end-diastolic length, +dL/dt, - dL/dt
Specific parameters which are not mentioned in this list are available by special order. Please call Harvard Apparatus Technical Service for more details.