• 16-channel data acquisition software for Neurologic experiments For Windows®
• To measure and evaluate signals such as EEG, aortic and venous blood pressure, aortic blood flow, pO2, pCO2, pH, temperature, etc.
• Can be extended to other haemodynaic and respiratory parameters
• Analysis of somatosensory evoked potentials and cerebral autoregulation as option available
• Easy to use, reduced settings by using configuration files
• Storage of raw data with possibility for replay — complete experiments can be replayed
• Indication of the measured signals and parameters online in numerical tabular form or graphical detail and trend windows
• Allows data exchange interface by converting the data into the ASCII delimited format
• Monitors the experimental sequence by placing event markers and concentration information
• Very easy graphical selection of specific data points by cursors for evaluation, data reduction and export
• Export of a raw data sequence into ASCII delimited format
The HSE-HA NEURODYN software can be adapted to virtually any experimental investigation for neurologic experiments. Acquisition can cover signals such as EEG, aortic and venous blood pressure, aortic flow, pO2, pCO2, pH, temperature, etc. It can be extended to many other circulation or respiratory signals. Various parameters can be derived from these signals, e.g. systolic, diastolic, mean and heart rate, minimal, maximal, and mean flows, etc. During data acquisition, all acquired signals and derived parameters are stored on the hard disc and can be displayed on the screen. EEG analysis using FFT is done in the replay mode.
Dedicated options for controlling and evaluating somatosensoric evoked potentials as well as cerebral autoregulation (or both) are available.
The HSE-HA NEURODYN software is available in a basic version which includes the minimal necessary algorithms that can be upgraded to a more complex system including all the available algorithms. The configuration of the system is defined in configuration files to reduce the amount of settings necessary and to ensure a stable and secure system. The user only needs to calibrate the signals and fix the graphics scaling. All the hardware definitions and algorithms used are defined in the configuration files. This reduces the amount of information necessary in the SOP's and the possibility of wrong settings. The configuration files can be changed and the software used in combination with a set of different configuration files to match the different experiments.
NEURODYN is a menu-controlled software and employs special algorithms to calculate the standard parameters. The HSE-HA NEURODYN software has a maximum of 16 channels, i.e. up to 16 different raw signals can be handled. The assignment of the signals to the individual channels is determined in the configuration files. The sample rate, the type of signals and the algorithm used for analysis are also defined in the configuration file. The arrangement of the graphic detail (raw signals) and trend (calculated parameters) is defined in the menu. The user has only to set up which of the available signals he wants to acquire and display, which of the possible parameters he wants to evaluate and display, enter the experimental protocol, and finally calibrate before he starts the data acquisition.
The HSE-HA Data Acquisition Hardware for NEURODYN software is available in three versions:
• PLUGSYS Version 73-0161
This version consists of the PCI A/D board DT301 and the cable for connecting to a DIM Data Interface Module installed in the PLUGSYS basic system case
• Stand Alone Version 73-0235
This version consists of the PCI A/D board DT301 and a BNC input box where signals from external amplifiers can be connected.
• Stand Alone USB Version 73-3330
Hardware requirements for NEURODYN:
Both the PLUGSYS and stand alone versions require the following computer hardware:
• Computer PENTIUM III PC, 500 MHz or more with one free PCI slot
• RAM 128 MB or better 256 Mbytes
• Hard disk space With at least 20 GB
• Computer 19 inch standard monitor or 17-18 inch flat panel monitor
• Floppy Drive 1.44 Mbytes, CD-ROM drive
• Operating System Windows® NT/2000 or XP
• Backup Media CD-recorder (burner)
Commonly used signals on neurologic experiments are:
• EEG Electroencephalogram
• AP Arterial Pressure
• VP Venous Pressure
• AF Arterial Blood Flow
It is also possible to acquire other signals such as temperature. The maximum number of signals is 16.
The basic version of NEURODYN calculates the following parameters:
• From All Pressure signals: Systolic, Diastolic and Mean Pressure, Heart Rate
• From All Flows signals: Mean, Max. and Min. Flow
After the experiment in replay mode:
• From EEG:
- FFT evaluation with power spectrum
- Bandpass Filter display and evaluation for Alpha, Beta, Theta and Delta wave activity
Optional software modules are available for:
• Somatosensory stimulation control and evaluation
• Cerebral autoregulation control and evaluation
• Other cardiovascular signals
- LVP module: LVPsys, LVPdia, LVPEDP, dP/dtmin, dP/dtmax, Heart Rate, Mean Pressure
- LVP Advanced module: Tau, Time to Peak (Contractility Time), Relaxation Time and Contractility
Index CI = dP/dtmax / P
- Flow Advanced module: Endsystolic Flow, Enddiastolic Flow
• Respiration Module: Respiratory Rate, Max. Inspiratory Flow, Max. Expiratory Flow, Tidal Volume
Specific parameters which are not mentioned in this list are available by special order. Please call Harvard Apparatus Technical Customer Service for more details.