• Perform electrophoresis and electrotransfer in a single compact unit
• Cast, run, and blot mini-gels in four streamlined components: gel module, blot module, lower buffer chamber, safety lid
• Run two mini-gels or four mini-blots at once
• Use 10 x 10.5- cm gel cassettes for increased separation distances
• Complete semi-wet blotting in 45 min with only 300 ml buffer
• Choose pre-cast gels from a variety of manufacturers
The Hoefer™ miniVE System Blot Module performs electrophoresis and electrotransfer. Conveniently designed, this system’s modular design consolidates all the small parts for electrophoresis and blotting into one convenient unit. Uniform gel temperature is maintained with the tank-style lower buffer chamber. A full tank stabilizes the temperature so that lanes are straight and bands are flat. The Hoefer™ Blot Module will accept two gel/membrane stacks simultaneously. The lower buffer chamber is designed to hold two Blot Modules, allowing four gels to be blotted at once.
The gel module is simultaneously a casting stand and an upper buffer chamber with integrated clamps. Simply assemble the gel sandwich of plates and spacers, clamp it onto the upper buffer chamber, then pivot the sealing gasket and cast the gel. After polymerization, simply release the bottom seal and drop the assembly into the tank for running. No extra parts are needed and no unclamping until the run is finished.
Hoefer miniVE handles gel cassettes up to 10 x 10.5 cm (W x H), which increases the separation length by more than 30% over conventional 10 x 8 cm gels. For gradient gels, mini-Vertical Gel Casters can produce up to four identical gels at one time.